In collaboration with the French Department of Agriculture and in partnership with Interfel (French Inter-Branch Association of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables which created Fresh Attitude Week), Fresh Attitude Week has become an annual event in Alliance districts in America, along with schools in France and Hungary to raise awareness about the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables in schools.
Here’s one of the recipes from Interfel!Print
- Total Time: 20-40 min.
- Yield: 4 persons 1x
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 red onions
- 3 branches of thyme
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 200 grams of smoked tofu
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the vegetables and dry them. Dice them (except tomatoes) of the same size.
- Cut the tofu into cubes.
- Pour the diced vegetables and tofu on the skewers by alternating them harmoniously.
- Salt, pepper, perfume with thyme leaves. Sprinkle olive oil by turning the skewers to distribute the oil.
- Barbecue kebabs by turning them regularly (about 15 minutes of cooking time).
- Serve with a good green salad
Tip: For more flavors, marinate vegetables and tofu in pesto in advance (coat diced vegetables
and tofu with pesto and marinate at least 30 minutes before skewering).
- Prep Time: 10-20 min.
- Cook Time: 10-20 min.
Join the Conversation
The latest news and headlines from Urban School Food Alliance
Urban School Food Alliance Leads Development of Pioneering Chicken Pilot in School Districts Around the Country to Transform the School Lunch Procurement System
May 16, 2023
Contact:Scott Carter: 571-359-1042, [email protected] Rodriguez: 805-331-7764, [email protected]
Resolution to Support Nutrition Standards
Apr 24, 2023
Plastic Free Lunch Day Returns on April 19, 2023
Apr 19, 2023
WASHINGTON, April 19, 2023 – Last November, the Urban School Food Alliance joined Cafeteria Culture in hosting...
Tweets by urbanschoolfood