In collaboration with the French Department of Agriculture and in partnership with Interfel (French Inter-Branch Association of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables which created Fresh Attitude Week), Fresh Attitude Week has become an annual event in Alliance districts in America, along with schools in France and Hungary to raise awareness about the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables in schools.
Here’s one of the recipes from Interfel!Print
- Total Time: 20-40 min.
- Yield: 4 persons 1x
- 1 eggplant
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 12 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers (in salt or brine)
- 12 balls of mozzarella*
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Some fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Wash the eggplant and cut into thin slices. Brown them in a frying pan or grill on both sides with a little olive oil.
- Toast the bread slices in the oven or toaster and rub them with the garlic, then place them on the baking sheet.
- Place a ball of mozzarella on each crostini, some grilled eggplant, half a cherry tomato, a few capers. Sprinkle with spread thyme and bake for 15 min at 180 °C.
- Serve hot with arugula salad or other seasonal salad (lettuce)
- Prep Time: 10-20 min.
- Cook Time: 10-20 min.
Join the Conversation
The latest news and headlines from Urban School Food Alliance
Urban School Food Alliance Leads Development of Pioneering Chicken Pilot in School Districts Around the Country to Transform the School Lunch Procurement System
May 16, 2023
Contact:Scott Carter: 571-359-1042, [email protected] Rodriguez: 805-331-7764, [email protected]
Resolution to Support Nutrition Standards
Apr 24, 2023
Plastic Free Lunch Day Returns on April 19, 2023
Apr 19, 2023
WASHINGTON, April 19, 2023 – Last November, the Urban School Food Alliance joined Cafeteria Culture in hosting...
Tweets by urbanschoolfood