In collaboration with the French Department of Agriculture and in partnership with Interfel (French Inter-Branch Association of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables which created Fresh Attitude Week), Fresh Attitude Week has become an annual event in Alliance districts in America, along with schools in France and Hungary to raise awareness about the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables in schools.
Here’s one of the recipes from Interfel!Print
- 1 eggplant
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 12 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers (in salt or brine)
- 12 balls of mozzarella*
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Some fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Wash the eggplant and cut into thin slices. Brown them in a frying pan or grill on both sides with a little olive oil.
- Toast the bread slices in the oven or toaster and rub them with the garlic, then place them on the baking sheet.
- Place a ball of mozzarella on each crostini, some grilled eggplant, half a cherry tomato, a few capers. Sprinkle with spread thyme and bake for 15 min at 180 °C.
- Serve hot with arugula salad or other seasonal salad (lettuce)
- Prep Time: 10-20 min.
- Cook Time: 10-20 min.