In collaboration with the French Department of Agriculture and in partnership with Interfel (French Inter-Branch Association of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables which created Fresh Attitude Week), Fresh Attitude Week has become an annual event in Alliance districts in America, along with schools in France and Hungary to raise awareness about the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables in schools.
Here’s one of the recipes from Interfel!Print
Oriental Salad with Orange
- Total Time: 10-20 min.
- Yield: 4 persons 1x
- 4 oranges
- 1 red onion
- 1 fresh ginger
- 50 grams pine nuts
- Some coriander leaves
- Some sprigs of chives
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Peel and supreme the oranges. Keep the juice.
- Peel and cut the red onion into thin slices.
- Place the pine nuts for a few seconds in a hot pan. Be careful, the pine nuts are grilling very fast; monitor the cooking and mix regularly. Put the pine nuts to one side.
- Peel the ginger.
- Rinse, dry and finely chop the herbs.
- In a salad bowl, place the orange supremes, the slices of red onion.
- Add the roasted pine nuts. Grate ginger on the salad.
- Pepper lightly. Add a little of orange juice and olive oil. Mix well.
- Scatter coriander and chopped chives just before serving.
Tip: This salad can stay cool (film-wrapped) about 20 minutes before being tasted.
- Prep Time: 10-20 min.
- Cook Time: Raw
Join the Conversation
The latest news and headlines from Urban School Food Alliance
Urban School Food Alliance Leads Development of Pioneering Chicken Pilot in School Districts Around the Country to Transform the School Lunch Procurement System
May 16, 2023
Contact:Scott Carter: 571-359-1042, [email protected] Rodriguez: 805-331-7764, [email protected]
Resolution to Support Nutrition Standards
Apr 24, 2023
Plastic Free Lunch Day Returns on April 19, 2023
Apr 19, 2023
WASHINGTON, April 19, 2023 – Last November, the Urban School Food Alliance joined Cafeteria Culture in hosting...
Tweets by urbanschoolfood